About the Role
The Music Therapist uses music in a nurturing and therapeutic environment to develop relationships that will improve communication and expressive skills in support of the individual’s wellbeing and ability to interact.
As a Music Therapist, you’ll:
• Assess individual needs and plan an appropriate schedule of sessions with the client’s team to meet goals or outcomes
• Write therapy plans using music, instruments, voice, and dance to improve clients’ psychological, physical, and social health; adapt instruments/equipment for specific needs as necessary.
• Participate in the team meetings providing goal outcome information and other information as needed.
• Supports the client by facilitating relationships with family, friends, and others in the community.
• Works in a team setting with behavior therapists and others to provide appropriate intervention in a positive manner addressing behaviors triggers to behaviors, neurological issues, and others.
• Master’s degree in Music Therapy with Indiana license.
• Knowledge of and ability to play basic music instruments used in therapy sessions.
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Ability to travel within our service area
• Must possess or be able to complete requirements for First Aid/CPR and other required certifications.
• Must have the physical ability to walk, bend, squat, turn, pivot, grasp, and lift 25 lbs.
About the Company
New Horizons is a non-profit agency, headquartered in Batesville, IN, dedicated to empowering individuals with developmental disabilities by creating meaningful opportunities in a changing environment. We do this by providing tailored programs and services, coordinated care and resources, and offering engaging opportunities to support and lead our clients to a full and enriching life.